It is fairly straightforward to set up a blogger blog. Just follow the instructions at:
- You will need to Create a google Account
- Then click on Create Blog.
- Give it a Title and choose domain e.g.
Title: "How to Grow Potatoes"
Blog URL: howtogrowpotatoes.blogspot.com
- Choose A Theme.
- Your blog is created! http://www.howtogrowpotatoes.blogspot.com
To Use Your Own Domain Name
If you would prefer to have www.howtogrowpotatoes.com rather than http://www.howtogrowpotatoes.blogspot.com You need a few extra steps.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Publishing
- Click on Switch to Custom Domain
- Buy A Domain with Google. They will then switch your blog to your new domain name.
- You can do this at any stage, google will automatically redirect your old .blogspot domain
- You can buy a domain name elsewhere, but you will need to switch cmod or something like that. That starts to get a little more complicated.